Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Sign In
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​ South Carolina Department of Revenue
Alcohol Beverage Licensing
PO Box 125
Columbia, SC 29214-0907

Phone: 803-898-5864

Report alcohol-related violations:
​​​​​​​​Are you ​catering and bartending alcohol at ​events?
To avoid violations as a caterer or bartender, learn​ the ABL Rules and Regulations for Catering & Bartending in South Carolina ​to ensure you are legally providing alcohol at events.​

ABL chart explaining that ​Manufacturers must sell to distributors only and retailers must only purchase alcohol from distributors for resale to the public.

​​Alcohol Beverage Licensing​ (ABL)​

South Carolina regulates alcoholic beverage commerce through a three-tiered distribution and licensing structure that strictly separates manufacturing, wholesaling, and retailing interests into distinct tiers of operation​​. Under this three-tier system, licenses​ issued under Title 61 are generally divided into the following categories:

  • TIER ONE: Manufacturing and Importing Licenses that authorize the production or importation of alcoholic beverages into the state
  • TIER TWO: Wholesale Licenses that authorize the purchase of alcoholic beverages from producers for resale to retailers
  • TIER THREE: Retail Licenses that authorizes retailers to purchase alcoholic beverages from wholesalers only​ to resale to the public​

Read more on ​beer and wine, liquor, and how to stay compliant when operating an ABL business​​​.​​

License and permit renewal schedule​

​Most businesses will follow the steps below when applying for a renewal. Find more answers to frequently asked questions about the licensing process on our Licenses ​page​ or see how to renew a license in our YouTube video​.

  1. Two months before your renewal application is due, our team will notify you of your upcoming ​renewal period and provide instructions for applying.
  2. Your renewal due date is based on the county where your business is located. Refer to the renewal schedule ​​below to see when each county's renewal application is due. You will usually need to renew every two years.
  3. If you don’t have any changes to your business information (address, name, etc.), we re​​commend renewing online using MyDORWAY.
  4. After we receive your application, we’ll notify you if your renewal was approved or if we need additional information from you. If your renewal was not approved, you’ll receive information on what to do next when we notify you.​

MyDORWAY logoonline services

 Read our latest article to see how you can avoid common application mistakes​​ that could delay your special event license being approved before the big day.

You can apply for any ABL license or permit on MyDORWAY! Some applications will require you to be logged in to your MyDORWAY account before you apply. Visit our Licenses page​ ​to be sure you have all t​he information you need before starting your application or renewing your license.


​​​ Alcohol Taxes

Manufacturers, wholesalers, and retailers can click on a listing below for more information on filing and paying taxes ​for​​:

 Register your brand

Beer, wine, and malt products can be registered online at:​

Liquor brands must be submitte
d by paper using the Application for Liquor Brand Registration (ABL-107A).​

​​​ Prepare for your ​event

Our ​Events & Festivals ​Guide​ is designed to help hosts, promoters, and vendors understand their tax obligations and licensing requirements for their upcoming events.​

​ ​ ​
​ ​