Stay compliant with ABL training
The following training programs are recognized by the SCDOR for educating alcohol enforcement to:
- Employees who are in violation of ABL laws and regulations and must complete a recognized training program (SC Code of Law, Sections
- Employees who serve beer at breweries for on-premises consumption (SC Code of Law, Section
- Employees who serve alcoholic liquors at manufacturing locations or micro-distilleries for on-premises consumption (SC Code of Law, Section 61-6-1155(C)(5)).
How do you get your training program recognized by the SCDOR?
Please follow the two steps below to have your training program reviewed and approved to be included in the list above.
- Your training program must be reviewed and approved by the South Carolina Department of Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Services (SCDAODAS) to be recognized by the Department of Revenue. SCDAODAS will need access to all materials to include but not limited to course curriculum, trainer’s notes/instructions, presentations, and participant guides.
Submit your training program to:
Michelle Nienhius, SCDAODAS
1801 Main St., 12th Floor
Columbia, SC 29201
- Submit the approval from SCDAODAS along with your program contact information to Alcohol Beverage Licensing via email to:
Please refer to
SCDOR advisory opinions for more information regarding training programs.