The South Carolina Department of Revenue recognizes the following programs for purposes of mitigating circumstances when the employee committing the violation has completed a recognized training program:
- Training for Intervention Procedures (TIPS) – a training program of Health Communications Inc.
- ServSafe Alcohol – a training program of the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation designed for the on-premises operator.
- Alcohol Risk Reduction Training (ARRT) – a training program of Show Pros Entertainment Services Inc
- Palmetto Retailers Education Program (PREP) – a training program of Circle Park Behavioral Health Services, the Lexington/Richland Alcohol and Drug Abuse Council (LRADAC), and the South Carolina Department of Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Services (DAODAS).
- Controlling Alcohol Risk Effectively (CARE) – a training program of the American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute.
- Learn2Serve – a training program of 360 Training.
Other Training Programs:
Trade associations and other organizations seeking to have a training program recognized by the Department should send the request along with a detailed description of the training program to:
SC Department of Revenue
Alcoholic Beverage Licensing Manager
Recognized Training Program
P.O. Box 125
Columbia, SC 29214-0907
Please refer to SCDOR advisory opinions for more information regarding training programs.