Helping You Step-by-Step with Appeals
You have the right to appeal any disputed tax or regulatory matter that falls under the SCDOR’s jurisdiction. These disputes often involve:
- State Taxes (including Property Taxes administered by the SCDOR)
- Denials, violations, and revocations of licenses
- Other regulatory matters administered by the SCDOR
YOU SHOULD NOT BEGIN THE APPEALS PROCESS IF EITHER OF THESE SITUATIONS APPLY TO YOU:
- You don’t dispute the findings of your notice but are unable to pay the proposed amount. Contact the number listed on your notice, or visit
dor.sc.gov/payplan to learn more about Payment Plan Agreements.
- You are appealing the seizure of your state Income Tax refund to for a debt owed to another agency, such as a hospital bill or child support payment. Contact the agency listed on the notice you received.
Types of Appeals
The appeal process is different depending on the issue you’re disputing. Learn more about each process by clicking through the steps below.