Individual Income Tax Filing Options:
Free File Options
Federal & State Online Filing Options (Standard Cost)
South Carolina Fillable Forms
Information on Paper Filing
Already have an Individual Income Tax bill?
Pay online using
Request a Payment Plan Agreement
Please be advised...
- If you need more time to file your SC1040, you can request a six month filing extension using one of the following methods:
- Pay your balance due online using
MyDORWAY on or before the due date. Choose the individual payment option, enter your taxpayer information, and then choose the "Extension Payment" option on the following screen.
- To request a filing extension by paper, mail a completed Form SC4868 with your payment for any balance due to the SCDOR on or before the due date.
- If you eFile your returns using the Free File products linked on our website, South Carolina Fillable Forms or any other electronic filing software product that supports South Carolina, you have until May 1 to file on time (AND to pay if you have a balance due)!
- The May 1 deadline does not apply to federal returns nor to state returns submitted on paper. Paper returns generated from software packages and mailed to SCDOR DO NOT qualify for the May 1 incentive.
If you suspect a refund has been fraudulently requested on your behalf:
Fiduciary Filing Options
Fed/State Fiduciary EFile