Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Sign In

Individual Income Tax Filing Options:

  Free File Options

  Federal & State Online Filing Options (Standard Cost)

  South Carolina Fillable Forms (available January 2019) 

  Information on Paper Filing

Already have an Individual Income Tax bill?
       Pay online using MyDORWAY
       Request a Payment Plan Agreement

Please be advised...

  • If you need more time to file your SC1040, you can request a six month filing extension using one of the following methods:
    • Pay your balance due online using MyDORWAY on or before the due date. Choose the individual payment option, enter your taxpayer information, and then choose the "Extension Payment" option on the following screen. 
    • To request a filing extension by paper, mail a completed Form SC4868 with your payment for any balance due to the SCDOR on or before the due date. 
  • If you eFile your returns using the Free File products linked on our website, South Carolina Fillable Forms or any other electronic filing software product that supports South Carolina, you have until May 1 to file on time (AND to pay if you have a balance due)!
  • The May 1 deadline does not apply to federal returns nor to state returns submitted on paper. Paper returns generated from software packages and mailed to SCDOR DO NOT qualify for the May 1 incentive.

If you suspect a refund has been fraudulently requested on your behalf:

 Fiduciary Filing Options



Get filing tips and learn more about South Carolina Individual Income Tax on our IIT page.