Taxpayers' Bill of Rights
The Taxpayers’ Bill of Rights outlines the rights of South Carolina taxpayers. Find the full text in Title 12, Chapter 58 of the South Carolina Code of Laws.
- You have the right to apply for assistance from the South Carolina Department of Revenue (SCDOR) Taxpayers' Rights Advocate to facilitate a resolution for complaints and problems.
- You have the right to fair, prompt, courteous service from the SCDOR.
- You have the right to access forms, instructions, publications, and other informational materials in plain, easy to understand language through our website at dor.sc.gov.
- You have the right to receive notices with descriptions of the basis for and identification of any tax, interest, and penalties due.
- The SCDOR is committed to maintaining taxpayer confidentiality.
Under the provisions of Section 12-4-340 of the 1976 code of laws, any outstanding liabilities due and owed to the South Carolina Department of Revenue for more than six months may be assigned to a private collection agency for collecting actions.
SC656 - Offer in Compromise Forms and Instructions