Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Sign In
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​ South Carolina Department of Revenue
Alcohol Beverage Licensing
PO Box 125
Columbia, SC 29214-0907

Phone: 803-898-5864

Report alcohol-related violations:

​ ​

Liquor Producer or Importer License (PLP)

The Liquor Producer or Importer License authorizes the shipment of liquor to a designated liquor representative within the state and the subsequent sale of liquor to a licensed South Carolina wholesaler.

License ​renewal

The Liquor Producer or Importer License must be renewed by August 31 of even years. ​ Learn more about the renewal schedule​.

​​ ​This license does NOT authorize:
  • The manufacturing, distilling, or bottling of liquor by the licensee at a location within the state
  • The retail sale or on-premises consumption of liquor
  • The sale or consumption of beer or wine
  • The sale of liquor to retail locations
  • Curbside sales or pickup and drive-through sales or pickup of beer and wine​

​Application requirements and instructions​

First, it's important for you to review the general ABL applicant requirements listed on the ABL license directory page ​to make sure you are eligible to apply.

When you’re ready to apply, we recommend submitting your application using our free online tax portal, MyDORWAY. It’s faster and easier than completing a paper application, and you don’t have to worry about mail proc​essing or making a trip to one of our offices.​

  • License fee: $400 (Due every two years with license renewal)

License requirements ​​
  • You must submit a completed Application for Registration of Alcoholic Liquor Producer or Importer (ABL-107), including all supplemental forms. See Required Forms below for more information. We recommend applying on MyDORWAY, but if submitting a paper copy of the application, make sure it’s signed and dated. 
  • You must submit a copy of your Federal Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) Basic Permit. 
  • You must submit an Application for Liquor Brand Registration (ABL-107A​) that lists all labels and brands you intend to ship and the wholesalers and distributors you ship to. 
    • For imported labels, submit a copy of the authorization letter giving the importer the right to import as the American Source of Supply. 
    • For each label or brand listed, submit a Certificate of Label Approval (COLA) from the Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB), and a copy of the label or brand. 
  • You must designate a registered liquor representative in South Carolina using the Application for Liquor Representative (ABL-107B
  • You must designate a wholesaler that holds an open South Carolina Wholesaler License in good standing. 
  • No person may have direct or indirect ownership, influence, or financial interest in more than one of the following entities: a manufacturer, a distributor, or a retailer of beer or wine.

​​ ​

Frequently asked questions

Review the FAQs below for answers to frequently asked questions about the Liquor Producer or Importer License​. Our Liquor and ​Operating an ABL Business​​ pages ​have ​additional helpful information.​


How do I register my brands?​​

Related SC Code of Laws