Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Sign In


South Carolina Department of Revenue

PO Box 125
Columbia, SC 29214-0850

Phone: 803-896​-1350​

 Hosting an event?
 Attending a festival as a vendor?
Check out our Event Guide for information on tax and licensing requirements, including which type of license you’ll need.


Every person who engages in business in this state as a retailer must obtain a retail license before making any sales. This includes sales made online and persons who make infrequent sales in this state. If you have more than one business outlet, you must have a separate retail license for each location.


  • Is your business making retail sales in the state of South Carolina? If you are, you are required to obtain a retail license before engaging in business. (See FAQ)
  • If you are making retail sales at a promotional show, trade show, fair festival, or carnival please see the Registration FAQ to determine if you need a retail license.
  • If you are located outside of South Carolina, but make sales into the state, you are a remote seller and may be required to obtain a retail license if you meet certain requirements.
  • Persons performing dry cleaning functions on-site are required to obtain a certificate that allows them to purchase the chemicals to perform these tasks. (See FAQ)

How to Register:

  MyDORWAY: Register your business SCDOR tax accounts online using MyDORWAY.