See how we have streamlined and dramatically improved the online Business Tax Application
South Carolina's business owners have a lot to do every day, including hiring and overseeing their employees, producing products and services, building a customer base, and managing expenses.
That's why the South Carolina Department of Revenue (SCDOR) recently streamlined our Business Tax Application, making it easier and faster for businesses to apply for Retail Licenses and register state business tax accounts using MyDORWAY, our free online tax portal.
Business managers can now complete the Business Tax Application in half the time, with less confusion and none of the hard stops that previously halted an application because of a minor error or lack of information. Also, businesses that already manage their tax accounts on MyDORWAY can easily add new tax accounts without logging out, which cuts down on the length of the application dramatically.
Need to register a new business with the SCDOR?
- Customers who are starting a new business should start by clicking Business Tax Application on the MyDORWAY homepage at mydorway.dor.sc.gov. On the next screen, choose New Business Tax Application, select your Type of Ownership, and enter your ID information to begin the application.
- As you complete the application, you will find explainers and definitions added throughout to help you understand what accounts to add and what information to provide.
- At the end of the process, you'll create a MyDORWAY account. MyDORWAY is the best way for South Carolina businesses and tax professionals to manage their state tax accounts, apply for licenses, file business tax returns, and make and schedule payments.
- 📺 Check out our Registering a New Business on MyDORWAY tutorial for step-by-step instructions.
Need to add tax accounts to your existing business?
- Existing business taxpayers can now register new tax accounts, including additional Retail Licenses, while logged in to their existing MyDORWAY account, instead of having to log out first.
- After logging in to MyDORWAY, select the More tab, then click Business Tax Application. Click Next on the following screen to see a list of your existing business locations. Choose the existing location where you need to add a tax account, or select New Location if you're opening a new retail location.
- 📺 Check out our Adding Additional Tax Accounts on MyDORWAY tutorial for step-by-step instructions.
Before you begin:
- Visit the SCDOR's Business Tax Application page at dor.sc.gov/registration for a list of the information you'll need to have on hand to complete the application, tips on the Business Tax Application process, details about each of the SCDOR tax types, requirements for each business type, and FAQs.
- Check out the SCDOR's MyDORWAY help page at dor.sc.gov/MyDORWAY to view a library of resources, including tutorials to help customers register, file, and pay taxes using MyDORWAY.
- If you need guidance once you begin the Business Tax Application on MyDORWAY, click the Can I help? button at the top right of the page and enter business tax application.
SCBOS can help you South Carolina businesses get up and running
South Carolina Business One Stop (SCBOS) is our state's one-stop resource to help business owners get squared away with their tax and licensing obligations, whether they are just starting a business or are expanding an existing business. For more information about additional steps you need to take to open a business, connect with SCBOS on Twitter and Facebook or visit scbos.sc.gov.
Connect with the SCDOR on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube and subscribe to ReveNews to stay up-to-date with the latest news, tax tips, and available resources.