Approved tax preparation software
If you don't qualify for a
Free File option, you can use an approved vendor listed below to file your state and federal return electronically in one transmission.
allows you to prepare, print and e-file your federal and state returns quickly and easily. Simple filers file for free with TaxAct Free Edition. Whether your return is simple or complex, TaxAct has you covered and your return is backed by TaxAct's $100k Accuracy Guarantee and Maximum Refund Pledge.
The Benefit Bank
allows you to complete and e-file your federal return and SC return for FREE if your adjusted gross income (AGI) is $65,000 or less for single and head of household filers or $95,000 or less for married filing joint filers AND:
- You are a full year resident (or part year resident who is electing to file as a full year resident),
- You are not taking any of the business income deductions, business and employer-related credits, or net capital gain deductions and,
- You are not reporting underpayment of estimated tax or out of state losses.
Our services also offer FREE state-only filing!
is an easy-to-use, eFile tax preparation and filing service. There's no software to download and the process is straight-forward and secure. Plus, you can file your return with confidence knowing that eSmart Tax is backed by the tax professionals at Liberty Tax Service. The state filing fee is $29.95.
is a top rated tax filing platform used by millions of Americans for a fast, easy, and accurate e-file. TaxSlayer allows you to e-file your federal 1040EZ and one state for free. For taxpayers who do not qualify for free tax filing, you can file your federal tax return for as low as $17! TaxSlayer guarantees the maximum refund. Free email and phone support for all users.
From simple to complex returns,
H & R Block is your easy-to-use online tax solution. Choose from our Free Edition for simple returns, Basic for extra assistance to maximize deductions, Deluxe for homeowners and investors, or Premium with advanced tools for rental and business owners. H&R Block also makes it simple and fast to complete your state return.
Online Taxes at OLT.com
has been providing easy and low-cost efiling since 1999. Online Taxes is an authorized efile provider for federal and states income tax return. All states are supported. No matter how easy or complicated your return is, you can do it with Online Taxes. FREE customer service by chat and email. FREE phone support by calling (888)OLT-4-TAX OR 1-816-232-0095 (not a toll free number). Preparation and e-file only $7.95 for Federal and $7.95 for South Carolina. No hidden charges, no up-selling, just a great low price.
software asks easy-to-answer questions in plain English and fills in all the right tax forms for you to get your taxes done right. Your maximum tax refund is guaranteed. Free Edition includes free federal efile.
offers online tax preparation and free IRS e-File for federal and state tax returns starting at $14.95. Enter Code SCS555 to save on your South Carolina return. Prior Year federal tax preparation is also available. Free Customer Support. Guaranteed Accurate.
E-file your federal and state returns quickly and easily at
online filing. Prices for federal return, including e-filing: 1040 EZ: Free, 1040A: $19.95; 1040: $39.95. Add state preparation for $19.95 (one fee provides as many states as you need). Answer easy questions, get just the forms you need. 1040.com Online Tax Preparation is part of 1040.com, a one-stop tax resource that provides a complete guide to federal taxes, online Affordable Care Act calculators, and more.
allows you to prepare your federal return for free, no restrictions. The free service includes e-file, printing, preparation, account roll-over, deduction finders, customer service, and more! The service is designed for new tax filers and experienced filers with more complex tax returns. FreeTaxUSA.com has one of the lowest State preparation costs at $12.95!
- Your free federal and low-cost state return can be ready to file in as little as 30 minutes. Express1040 is easy to use and will walk you through the complexities of filing your taxes. There is no software to download and we give you the flexibility to start and finish your return wherever you have access to the internet.
to e-file your federal and state returns with our online filing. You get everything (federal, state, and e-filing) for one all inclusive price! There are no hidden costs for additional states or forms. Prices for federal return, including e-filing: 1040 EZ: Free; 1040A: $24.95 ($19.95 state); 1040: $44.95 ($24.95 state). 1040Return.com is the complete package!
Advance Tax Return Filing
- Easy and secure tax filing for everyone! Just enter your W-2s and other applicable information...Free Tax year 2013 federal tax return preparation and submit your federal tax return information electronically for only $9.95. Prepare and file your South Carolina tax return for an additional $19.95!
provides a simple and quick way for you to file your federal and state tax returns online. Why pay $50, $100, or more to file your income tax return? With TaxHawk, your federal tax return is free, regardless of your tax situation and which forms you need, and your state preparation fee is among the lowest you’ll find.
- The descriptions above were prepared by each vendor. The SCDOR neither endorses nor guarantees the truthfulness of the statements made by online software providers.
- Clicking a vendor's link will take you to the commercial vendor's privately owned website.
- Review the vendor's terms and conditions so you know what information is collected by this private company.
- The SCDOR can't provide technical support for commercial software products. Any questions you have while using the software need to be directed to the vendor's customer support.