Free File Options for South Carolina
The following is a list of offers from online filing providers for FREE electronic filing of both the federal and South Carolina returns to QUALIFIED South Carolina taxpayers. Each providers qualifications for free filing are listed below.
To utilize a Free File offer for South Carolina
you must start your return by clicking a link to a provider's website from this page. Use of other sites that promote a free federal return will not guarantee your ability to also file your South Carolina return for free. If you DO NOT qualify for any of the Free File offers, please visit the
South Carolina Free File Fillable page to see if you can file for FREE using that option!
From simple to complex, FreeTaxUSA® Free File Edition
offers free federal and South Carolina online tax return preparation if you meet the following qualifications:
- Your AGI was $51,000 or less, and
- You were 17-60 years old as of December 31, 2016, or
- Your AGI was $64,000 or less for Active Duty Military.
Note: The FreeTaxUSA Free File offer must be accessed from the link above. Using any other link to access FreeTaxUSA may result in fees or charges.
offers FREE Federal and FREE State tax preparation and e-file, if you meet the following qualifications:
If your adjusted gross income is $64,000 or less AND you can answer yes to one of these questions:
- Are you between the ages of 17-50 (as of 12/31/2016)? Or,
- Were you active duty military? Or,
- Do you qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC)?
Note: The H&R Block Free File website must be accessed through the link above. If you have used a Block product in the past and paid for your filing, DO NOT return to that site or link as it may result in fees or charges.
OnLine Taxes at OLT.com®
offers FREE Federal and FREE South Carolina online tax preparation and e-filing for taxpayers who meet the following qualification:
- If your Federal Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) is between $13,000 and $64,000 regardless of age
Note: OLT Free File website must be accessed through the link above. Any other link used to access OLT website may result in fees or charges.
TaxAct® is the most complete FREE tax solution! TaxACT offers FREE Federal and South Carolina return if you meet the following qualifications:
- My adjusted gross income is $52,000 or less, and
- I am 56 years old or younger, or
- I am eligible for the Earned Income Tax Credit EITC, or
- I am active military and my adjusted gross income is $64,000 or less
Intuit TurboTax is proud to sponsor the TurboTax® Freedom Edition, donating free online tax preparation and e-file if you meet one of the following requirements:
- Earned $31,000 or less Adjusted Gross Income (AGI), or
- Earned $64,000 or less Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) and served Active Duty Military (including Reservists and National Guard), or
- Qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC)
Note: If you have previously used any Turbo Tax online product and have an existing account, you must create a new account when using the link above to ensure you can file your Federal and State return for free. Do not "Sign In" to your existing account.
1040Now® offers FREE Federal and FREE South Carolina income tax preparation and EFile of tax returns for taxpayers who meet the following qualifications:
- If your federal AGI (adjusted gross income) is $32,000 or less and you live in South Carolina
In order to be provided the FREE offer for both the federal and South Carolina return, taxpayers must create their account from this 1040Now link