Motor Fuel License Application (L-2045) Information & Instructions
Total processing time: 30 days from date received
Person: An individual, a partnership, a firm, an association, a corporation, a representative appointed by a court, the State, a political subdivision or any entity, group, or syndicate.
Motor Fuel subject to the User Fee: Gasoline, diesel fuel, kerosene, blended fuel, substitute fuel, alternative fuel and blends of them and any other substance blended with them.
Petroleum Products: Gasoline, gasohol, kerosene, diesel fuels, jet fuels, fuel oil No. 1 through 4, or like product of petroleum, or a product which may be susceptible for use as a petroleum product under whatever name called. The inspection and environmental fees on petroleum products must be remitted and reported at the same time and on the same report as the motor fuel user fee (12-28-2365).
There are 14 different licenses on the L-2045.
Suppliers (Supplier, Permissive Supplier)
Importers (Bonded Importer, Occasional Importer, Tankwagon Operator Importer)
Terminal Operators (In-state, Out-of-state)
Transporters (Interstate, Intrastate)
- Vendors (Fuel Vendor, Fuel Vendor Blender)
Click on a category below to learn about each license type.
COMPLETING THE APPLICATION
Applications that are not properly completed, signed, do not have the license fee attached or do not have the proper documentation attached, will be delayed in processing. Submit one application for all motor fuel licenses needed.
- Check all license types needed.
- Provide the business entity information.
- Provide other requested information that is applicable to the license type page 1 and page 2.
- Complete the Eligible Purchaser (EP) Status Section by indicating yes or no.
- Complete the Financial Statement section when applicable.
- If no financial statement is provided for EP status then a bond is require.
- If yes, then enter the year of the financial statement.
- Complete the Bond Information section with the details for each license type when applicable.
- Provide a Start Date for each license even if a bond or financial statement is not applicable.
- Sign and date the application.
- If a license fee is applicable, it must accompany the application.
- One check may be submitted to cover all license fees for the application.
Make the check payable to the South Carolina Department of Revenue.
Bond or Financial Statement
- If a bond or financial statement is required for the license, it should be included with the license application.
Financial statements should be the most recent statement, be audited, include a balance sheet and income statement, and include a signed Financial Statement Cover Sheet.
L-2080 Motor Fuel Bond form is available on our forms page.
Authorization and Email Contact Information (All applicants) must be included with the application.
Suppliers: Must include the Supplier Notice of Election
Fuel Vendors Requesting Eligible Purchaser Status: Must include the Request for Eligible Purchaser Status Form.
Miscellaneous: Must include the information sheet indicating the activity(s) to be reported.
Mailing Addresses and Contact Information:
- South Carolina Department of Revenue, PO Box 125, Columbia, SC 29214-0850
- For assistance call 803-896-1990