We have made the following changes to our Taxpayer Education workshops and seminars to promote social distancing:
- All Sales Tax and Employer Withholding Tax Workshops through December will be held
online only. The in-person portions have been cancelled.
- The March 19 Sales & Use Tax Seminar has been rescheduled for November 10.
- All Sales & Use Tax Seminars through December are being held
online and are free to attend. The seminars are now from 9:00 am - 1:00 pm.
- Attendees who have already registered to attend in-person are automatically registered to attend online, and registration fees are being refunded.
Taxes are complicated. We offer free workshops and in-depth seminars throughout the year to help you tackle your filing and administrative requirements. Explore all of our course offerings, class dates, locations, and registration information below. Registration for most of our events is available on
Eventbrite, by emailing
TaxpayerEducation@dor.sc.gov, or by calling 803-898-5800.
Learn about South Carolina taxes on your schedule with our on-demand
Have an event that you'd like an SCDOR expert to attend? Contact the
SCDOR Speakers Bureau.
Sales & Use Tax Seminars*
Our Sales & Use Tax Seminars are designed to give tax information and updates to specific industries based on legislative trends and taxpayer requests. The fee to attend is $50, which includes all materials and lunch.
Sales Tax 2020 Workshops*
This FREE 2 hour workshop is taught by the professional staff of the SCDOR. During this course, we'll cover filing and administrative requirements, walk you through filling out a sample sales tax return, and address your questions.
Employer Withholding Tax 2020 Workshops*
In this FREE 2 hour workshop, the SCDOR, along with the IRS and the SC Department of Employment & Workforce (DEW) will present information to help you better understand your business obligations as they relate to Withholding Taxes.
Small Business Tax Workshops
The IRS, in conjunction with the SCDOR and the South Carolina Department of Employment and Workforce, provides educational opportunities to help taxpayers understand and meet their tax responsibilities. For additional information on course dates and registration, visit the
Small Business Tax Workshop page on the IRS website.
Job Development Credit Training Seminar
This comprehensive seminar is aimed at educating and informing enterprise program participants. Topics include the following:
For course dates and registration information, see this flyer.
- JDC overview
- JDC calculations
- Procedures for claiming credits
- New guidelines
Income Tax Course for Tax Consultants
This two day tax course is offered throughout the state during November and December each year. The course features federal and state income tax topics of interest to tax practitioners, including two hours of approved ethics training (with one hour focused on SC ethics requirements).
Income Tax Course for Tax Consultants information is detailed on Clemson University's website.
* Classes with an asterisk are coordinated directly through the SCDOR and qualify for continuing education credit. It is the participants' responsibility to seek credit through their appropriate accreditation board. Certificates of attendance will be provided.