Standard Cost Options
Taxpayers can transmit their 2016 federal and state income tax returns electronically in one transmission from their home computer. This efile method is referred to as the Fed/State On-Line (home filing) Filing Program. Fed/State Online filing is available to taxpayers utilizing software accepted by the IRS and the SCDOR. Federal and state tax returns may be filed electronically using the following commercial tax preparation software. The following descriptions were prepared by commercial software vendors who offer products for South Carolina taxpayers.
TaxACT Online Free Federal Edition
allows you to prepare, print and e-file your federal 1040 return FREE. Covers simple and complex returns and includes free e-mail help. Biggest refund and accuracy guaranteed. Once your federal return is complete, finish your state return in minutes for just $14.99.
The Benefit Bank
allows you to complete and e-file your federal return and SC return for FREE if your adjusted gross income (AGI) is $65,000 or less for single and head of household filers or $95,000 or less for married filing joint filers AND:
- You are a full year resident (or part year resident who is electing to file as a full year resident),
- You are not taking any of the business income deductions, business and employer-related credits, or net capital gain deductions and,
- You are not reporting underpayment of estimated tax or out of state losses.
Our services also offer FREE state-only filing!
is an easy-to-use, eFile tax preparation and filing service. There's no software to download and the process is straight-forward and secure. Plus, you can file your return with confidence knowing that eSmart Tax is backed by the tax professionals at Liberty Tax Service. Best of all, eSmart Tax offers free tax preparation! Now that's smart!
is a full featured online tax filing system that has been used by millions of taxpayers to securely and accurately file their taxes. For taxpayers who do not qualify for free tax filing, you can file your Federal tax return for as little as $17! Features of the TaxSlayer product include:
- Federal and South Carolina (an additional $22) return filing
- E-File your return for a faster refund
- Save your information so you can begin filing now, but return at your leisure to complete your return.
TaxSlayer is 100% web-based and accessible from any computer!
From simple to complex returns,
H & R Block is your easy-to-use online tax solution. Choose from our Free Edition for simple returns, Basic for extra assistance to maximize deductions, Deluxe for homeowners and investors, or Premium with advanced tools for rental and business owners. H&R Block also makes it simple and fast to complete your state return.
Online Taxes at OLT.com
has been providing easy and low-cost efiling since 1999. Online Taxes is an authorized efile provider for federal and states income tax return. All states are supported. No matter how easy or complicated your return is, you can do it with Online Taxes. FREE customer service by chat and email. FREE phone support by calling (888)OLT-4-TAX OR 1-816-232-0095 (not a toll free number). Preparation and e-file only $7.95 for Federal and $7.95 for South Carolina. No hidden charges, no up-selling, just a great low price.
software asks easy-to-answer questions in plain English and fills in all the right tax forms for you to get your taxes done right. Your maximum tax refund is guaranteed. Free Edition includes free federal efile.
offers online tax preparation and free IRS e-File for federal and state tax returns starting at $14.95. Enter Code SCS555 to save on your South Carolina return. Prior Year federal tax preparation is also available. Free Customer Support. Guaranteed Accurate.
E-file your federal and state returns quickly and easily at
online filing. Prices for federal return, including e-filing: 1040 EZ: Free, 1040A: $19.95; 1040: $39.95. Add state preparation for $19.95 (one fee provides as many states as you need). Answer easy questions, get just the forms you need. 1040.com Online Tax Preparation is part of 1040.com, a one-stop tax resource that provides a complete guide to federal taxes, online Affordable Care Act calculators, and more.
allows you to prepare your federal return for free, no restrictions. The free service includes e-file, printing, preparation, account roll-over, deduction finders, customer service, and more! The service is designed for new tax filers and experienced filers with more complex tax returns. FreeTaxUSA.com has one of the lowest State preparation costs at $12.95!
File your taxes online with
OnePriceTaxes this tax season for only $34.95 and your South Carolina tax return is free when you file your federal taxes with us. We also offer state only tax preparation. You may try out our online tax software for free and pay only when you're ready to file your return!
- Your FREE federal return can be ready to file in as little as 30 minutes. Add a state return for only $12.95. Express1040 is easy to use and will walk you through the complexities of filing your taxes; it will make the process easy. There is no software to download and we give you the flexibility to start and finish your return where ever you have access to the Internet. There is no charge for e-filing or printing your return. It is what we say it is, a free federal return.
to e-file your federal and state returns with our online filing. You get everything (federal, state, and e-filing) for one all inclusive price! There are no hidden costs for additional states or forms. Prices for federal return, including e-filing: 1040 EZ: Free, 1040A: $19.95; 1040: $39.95. Add state preparation for $29.95 (one fee provides as many states as you need). 1040Return.com is the complete package!
Advance Tax Return Filing
- Easy and secure tax filing for everyone! Just enter your W-2s and other applicable information...Free Tax year 2013 federal tax return preparation and submit your federal tax return information electronically for only $9.95. Prepare and file your South Carolina tax return for an additional $19.95!
The SCDOR neither endorses nor guarantees the truthfulness of the statements made by online software providers.