The Business Tax Application
MyDORWAY Business Tax Application allows you to apply online for a
Retail License and Business Tax accounts with the SCDOR. Once your application is approved, you will be notified by email. Please allow up to 5 business days for processing.
With our Business Tax Application you can also apply for:
Who should apply
out-of-state businesses can take advantage of our online
MyDORWAY Business Tax Application. Please review the requirements for your business type before starting your application:
Eligibility and the information you will need to apply
You can use the MyDORWAY Business Tax Application if one of the following applies:
- You are not yet registered as an SC business taxpayer.
- You are an out-of-state company doing business in SC.
- You are an out-of-state company with an employee working in SC and need an SC Withholding Tax account.
- You have no physical presence in SC but have
Nexus filing requirements.
- You are a tax preparer with no SC filing requirement but need to register with the SCDOR to file taxes for your client.
You will need to provide:
- Valid ID number (SSN, ITIN, or FEIN)
- Valid address (physical and mailing)
- Business structure
- owner and officer information
- Valid email address
Still unsure if you should apply?
The Business Tax Application can be used to apply for tax accounts that fall under the tax types listed below. Click a tax type to learn more:
Need more help?
||Want more information about business structures? |
Visit the Internal Revenue Service at IRS.gov or the South Carolina Business One Stop at SCBOS.sc.gov
||Need to register your business name in South Carolina? |
Register with the South Carolina Secretary of State
|||Need to find your NAICS code? |
Find it with the NAICS Association
|||Want to apply for your Employer Identification Number (EIN)? |
Apply at IRS.gov
|||Want to learn more about using MyDORWAY? |
Visit our MyDORWAY help page