Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Sign In


​​South Carolina Department of Revenue
Alcohol Beverage Licensing
Columbia, SC 29214-0907

Phone: 803-898-5864
Fax: 803-896-0110


7 Day Week Off Premises Beer/Wine

120 Day Temporary
In addition to the requirements and qualifications for a 7 Day Off Premises Beer/Wine Permit, the following must be submitted to obtain a 120 Day Temporary 7 Day Off Premises Beer/Wine Permit:

  • The existing business must have a biennial permit/license that has not expired, been suspended or revoked. This permit/license must be attached with the completed ABL-901 application
  • A $25.00 fee is required for each temporary permit requested
  • Attach a copy of the bill of sale, lease, probate document, divorce decree, eviction order, or document showing how the business was acquired.
  • Be sure to include the Retail Sales Tax License Number on the ABL-901 application.


  • Authorizes the sale of beer "to-go" only, 7 days a week, with no restrictions on hours or sale and only issued in counties or municipalities that have passed a referendum allowing Sunday sale of beer and wine.
  • An applicant must be 21 years of age, be of good moral character, be a legal resident of the United States and if applying as a sole proprietor, must be a legal resident of South Carolina for 30 days prior to submitting an application to this department.
  • The applicant must be the owner of the business seeking the permit and must not previously have had a permit revoked within the past two (2) years.
  • All principals, officers, agents, and employees listed on the permit must be over the age of 21 and be of good moral character. A current criminal history background check of not more than 90 days old, on each principal, officer, and employee must accompany this application.
  • Please check with the city and/or county authorities to ensure you are in compliance with zoning laws and local business license requirements.
  • Tax Liabilities: A license or permit cannot be issued if the applicant or any principal has any outstanding tax liabilities with the SCDOR.
  • Sign Posting:
    1. An agent of the SC State Law Enforcement Division (SLED) must post and remove a sign at the proposed place of business.
    2. This sign must remain posted for at least 15 days, and may be removed only by the SLED agent. If the sign disappears before the SLED agent removes it, contact the SCDOR or SLED immediately.
    3. Permits/Licenses will not be issued until the afternoon of the fourth day after the sign is taken down by the agent; unless your published ad provides for a later date.
  • Newspaper Advertisements
    1. A notice of application must be placed at least once a week for three (3) consecutive weeks in a newspaper approved by the department for your area.
    2. This notice must:
      • Be in the legal notices section of the newspaper or equivalent section if the newspaper has no legal notices section;
      • Be in large type, covering a space of one column wide and at least two inches deep; and
      • State the type of license applied for and the exact location of the proposed business.
    3. Your application may not be filed until you have furnished a receipt from the approved newspaper indicating that you have paid for the Notice of Application.
    4. To complete your application you must submit your Affidavit of Publication and a copy of the ad furnished by the approved newspaper office.
    5. Please refer to the ABL-901 for a complete list of approved newspapers.

Authorizes the sale of beer "to-go" only, 7 days a week, with no restrictions on hours of sale and only issued in counties or municipalities that have passed a referendum allowing Sunday sale of beer and wine.

  • Completed application (ABL-901) signed, dated and notarized.
  • Submit no fundable filing fees: $300.00
  • Submit an Affidavit of Publication from the newspaper running your ad. The affidavit must include a copy of your ad. If you just started your ad in the newspaper and have not received the ad and affidavit, you MUST include the receipt from the newspaper with your application. Forward the ad and affidavit from the newspaper as soon as the newspaper provides it to you. Your license/permit cannot be issued until this is received.
  • Must complete the ABL-946 (Consent and Waiver).
  • Must attach a copy of Articles of Incorporation, if applying as a corporation.
  • Must attach a copy of Articles of Organization and Operating Agreement, or LLC Supplemental Information form (ABL-919), if applying as a Limited Liability Corporation.
  • Must attach a copy of partnership agreement, if applying as a partnership or Limited Liability Partnership.
  • All principals must attach a criminal records check (CRC), not more than 90 days old.
    • If the principal has lived in SC for more than two (2) years, obtain the CRC from SLED at or SLED Headquarters, Criminal Records Department, 4400 Broad River Rd., P.O. Box 21398, Columbia, SC 29221.
    • If the principal has lived in SC less than two (2) years, obtain a statewide CRC from a previous state of residency AND a CRC from SLED.
    • If principal is not a SC resident, obtain a statewide CRC from current state of residency.
  • Must attach a copy of your lease, deed or tax bill for the location which you are seeking a permit. The lease, deed or tax bill must be in the applicant's name and list the physical address of the business location.
  • Must attach a Certificate of Authority to do Business in South Carolina obtained from the Secretary of State's office, if applying as a foreign corporation.
  • Must attach completed residency statue verification affidavit. Use Verification of Lawful Presence in the United States-Applicant and Principals (ABL-920) for each principal. Each principal, officer, owner, member, and/or partner MUST sign the form. If applicable, include his/her non-citizen alien registration number and attach a copy of all appropriate immigration documents.
  • In counties and municipalities where the public has approved by referendum, retailers may apply for a special permit that allows for the sale of beer and wine seven (7) days a week, 24 hours a day for off premise consumption.
  • A list of counties and municipalities that have approved through local referendums this permit can be found under General Information.