Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Sign In
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​ South Carolina Department of Revenue
Alcohol Beverage Licensing
PO Box 125
Columbia, SC 29214-0907

Phone: 803-898-5864

Report alcohol-related violations:

​ ​

Food Manufacturer Lic​​ense (PFM)​

The Food Manufacturer License authorizes the purchase and possession of alcoholic liquors for use in the manufacturing of food and food items such as sauces and marinades. These liquors may only be purchased from a licensed liquor manufacturer.

License ​renewal

The Food Manufacturer License must be renewed every two years. The renewal date is based on the county where your business operates, not the date when you applied for or received your license. ​ Learn mor​e about the renewal schedule​.

​​ ​This license does NOT authorize:
  • The purchase of alcoholic liquors from a licensed wholesaler or retail liquor store
  • The sale or consumption of liquor by the drink
  • The purchase, possession, sale, or consumption of beer or wine
  • The distilling, brewing, fermenting, blending, and bottling of any beverage containing alcohol at the licensed location

​Application requirements and instructions​

First, it's important for you to review the general ABL applicant requirements listed on the ABL license directory page ​to make sure you are eligible to apply.

When you’re ready to apply, we recommend submitting your application using our free online tax portal, MyDORWAY. It’s faster and easier than completing a pa​per application, and you don’t have to worry about mail proc​essing or making a trip to one of our offices.​

  • Non-refundable filing fee: $200 (Due at the time your application is submitted)
  • License fee: $1,400 ​​(​Due every two years with li​cense renewal)
    • ​You must pay a prorated amount of the license fee after your Food Manufacturer License application has been approved by the SCDOR.

License requirements ​​
  • You must submit a completed Application for Food Manufacturer's License (ABL-903​), including all supplemental forms. See Required Forms below for more information. We recommend applying on MyDORWAY​, but if submitting a paper copy of the application, make sure it’s signed and dated.
  • You must have an advertisement run in an approved newspaper that notifies the public that you have applied for an alcohol license. See Required Signs & Notices below for more information.

​​ ​

Frequently asked questions

Review the FAQs below for answers to frequently asked questions about the Food Manufacturer License. Our Liquor and ​Operating an ABL Business​​ pages ​have ​additional helpful information.​


​How is the Food Manufacturer License different than the S​pecial Bakery License?​

Related SC Code of Laws

  • SC Code Section 61-6-​710​ – Outlines the Food Manufacturer License
  • SC Code Section 61-6​-4060 – Prohibits liquor storage in unlicensed businesses​