Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Sign In
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​ South Carolina Department of Revenue
Alcohol Beverage Licensing
PO Box 125
Columbia, SC 29214-0907

Phone: 803-898-5864

Report alcohol-related violations:

​ ​

​Liquors Cooking License (PAL)​

The Liquors Cooking License authorizes the purchase and possession of liquor for use in the cooking and preparing of foods (not manufacturing). These liquors may only be purchased from a licensed wholesaler or a class B wholesaler. ​​​ You do not need to apply for a Liquors Cooking License if your business already holds a Business Liquor by the Drink License.​

License ​renewal

The Liquors Cooking License must be renewed every two years. The renewal date is based on the county in which your business operates, not the date when you applied for or received your license.​ ​ Learn more about the renewal schedule​.

​​ ​This license does NOT authorize:
  • The sale or consumption of liquor by the drink
  • The purchase, possession, sale, or consumption of beer or wine
  • The distilling, brewing, fermenting, blending, and bottling of any beverage containing alcohol at the licensed location

After logging in, select the More tab, then click Apply for a New Alcohol Beverage License.​​

Don'​t have an account?
Sign u​p now​

​Application requirements and instructions​

First, it's important for you to review the general ABL applicant requirements listed on the ABL license directory page ​to make sure you are eligible to apply.

When you’re ready to apply, we recommend submitting your application using our free online tax portal, MyDORWAY. It’s faster and easier than completing a paper application, and you don’t have to worry about mail proc​essing or making a trip to one of our offices.​

  • License fee: $250​
    • Due every two years with license renewal
    • You must pay a prorated amount of the license fee after your Liquors Cooking License application has been approved by the SCDOR.​

License requirements ​​
  • You must submit a completed Application for Retail Beer, Wine, and Liquor (ABL-901), including all supplemental forms. See Required Forms below for more information. We recommend applying on MyDORWAY, but if submitting a paper copy of the application, make sure it’s signed and dated. 

​​ ​

Frequently asked questions

Review the FAQs below for answers to frequently asked questions about the Liquors Cooking License​. Our Liquor and ​Operating an ABL Business​​ pages ​have ​additional helpful information.​


If I use liquor in cooking, and I already hold a Business (Restaurant or Hotel) Liquor by the Drink License, do I need a Liquors Cooking License?​

Related SC Code of Laws

  • SC Code Section 61-6​-700​ – Outlines the Liquors​ Cooking License
  • SC Code Section 61-6​-4​060 – Prohibits liquor storage in unlicensed busines​