The South Carolina Department of Revenue (SCDOR) has expanded customer service options for users of
MyDORWAY, the agency's free, online tax portal.
A new automated chatbot, named Dorwin, is now available to help MyDORWAY users who need assistance registering a business, recovering their password, filing a return, or paying a bill through MyDORWAY.
Since Dorwin's launch on July 12, the chatbot has answered more than 24,000 questions from over 15,000 MyDORWAY users.
While Dorwin is not a live person, it can provide answers and information on over 275 different topics, and the SCDOR expands and refines its knowledge base daily based on questions and feedback. If Dorwin can't answer your question, it will direct you to the best way to contact the SCDOR directly. For best results, keep your question short using key phrases focused on one thing you're trying to do or find on MyDORWAY.
Dorwin's key features:
- 24/7 automated assistance
- Answers common MyDORWAY questions, including:
- How to resolve login issues
- Where to find various menus and actions
- How to register an account
- How to file returns and applications
- Where to find more information about different taxes
- No wait period for assistance – simply start chatting using the Dorwin icon found on the top right side of MyDORWAY
Connect with the SCDOR on Facebook and Twitter to learn more about Dorwin and for the latest news from the SCDOR.